Over twenty years ago, Nolan Ryan and several leading cattle ranchers in central Texas started a beef supply company so that every Texan could have high quality, exceptionally flavorful beef to enjoy with their friends and family. Today, Nolan Ryan Brands is one of the leading beef supply companies in Texas. The Company recently launched a new brand, ‘Goodstock by Nolan Ryan’ and a boutique butcher shop, setting the stage for an exciting new growth platform across the foodservice, retail and online channels reaching new consumers locally, regionally, and nationally. Our guiding principles are based on Integrity, Customer Service and Fun. Our culture consists of an ambitious and dedicated team who has a keen interest for expansion, and we are looking for someone who values teamwork, collaboration, and attention to detail as much as we do.
The person in this role will report to the Assistant Controller and be responsible for all day-to-day accounting and reporting functions of the Company. The Senior Accountant will help ensure all accounting functions are organized, efficient, and accurate by adhering to existing standard and processes for proper financial accounting and reporting. This is a hands-on role requiring an individual who is nimble yet detail oriented, a team player and comfortable interacting with a variety of people in a dynamic, growth-oriented organization.
To excel in this position, an individual must be able coachable, a team player willing to learn, contribute and multi-task, and consistently pursue excellence and continuous improvement. Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in completing a variety of day-to-day accounting functions to ensure consistency, accuracy, and completeness of financial reports and various work products in accordance with professional accounting methods, standards, and principles. Essential activities and key responsibilities include:
- Accounts receivable invoicing and collection processing; ensure customer records and accurate and processed in a timely manner
- Accounts payable processing and payment generation; ensure vendor records and accurate and processed in a timely manner
- Ensure all activity for Goodstock by Nolan Ryan retail store and e-commerce sales are posted timely and accurately
- Fixed asset reporting
- Preparation of bank, credit card, and other balance sheet account reconciliations
Under the direction of the Assistant Controller;
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial reports and statements to ensure accuracy and completeness, as required
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial close activities and reporting
- Maintain all necessary files and records to document transactions
- In collaboration with accounting team, provide recommendations for process improvement with respect to accounting workflows
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
Annual Financial Audit & Tax Compliance
- Under the direction of the Assistant Controller,
- Work with external auditors on an interim and annual basis to ensure successful completion of the annual financial statement audits
- Prepare annual comprehensive tax working files and respond to questions from external tax accountant to ensure timely completion of tax filing
- Under the direction of the Assistant Controller,
- Team player ready to “roll up the sleeves” and consistently demonstrate a strong work ethics
- High level of intellectual curiosity and desire to continuously improve and develop professionally
- Highly coachable and humble
- Handles sensitive information in a professional and confident manner
- Role is located in Round Rock, TX
- 3-5 years of prior working experience in public and/or private industry accounting
- Working knowledge of GAAP and related professional accounting standards and regulations
- Experience with accounting software, ERP systems, and databases required; Canopy/Aspen preferred
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets using advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookup, filters, etc.) required
- High attention to detail and accuracy required
- Strong time management skills
- Great interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Experience supporting EPR system conversions and/or implementation would be a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing, distribution or CPG environment would also be a plus
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or Finance.
- Professional certifications preferred (CPA, CMA, etc.); progress toward same would also be considered
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills - Requires the ability to effectively communicate verbally and virtually. Clarity of speech, remaining calm and focused, being polite, and making effective presentations to diverse groups.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply such concepts as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Computer Skills - Proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Aspen Canopy software.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and arms, talk, and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Nolan Ryan Brands complies with its reasonable accommodation obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law:
- Interactive and fast-paced team-orientated tasks;
- Required to wear appropriate clothing as outlined in company handbook.
Salary & Benefits
Salary and annual incentive compensation commensurate with background and experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package. Full details are outlined in the company handbook.To Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resumé to:
CFO, Nolan Ryan Brands