Who We Are
Twenty years ago, baseball Hall of Famer and legendary cattleman, Nolan Ryan and a group of passionate cattle ranchers started a beef company to supply high quality, exceptionally flavorful beef to grocery stores and restaurants across the southern United States. Today, Nolan Ryan Brands is one of the leading beef supply companies and is still working hard to meet this objective. We are an ambitious and dedicated team with a keen interest for expansion in current markets and beyond, and we’re looking for a marketing leader to help us reach our goals.
A successful candidate in this role will be responsible for leading a team and organization in development of an overall marketing platform and strategy, including internal and external communications, website development, social media, and brand partnerships. The candidate will need to exhibit exceptional interpersonal skills in both the digital and physical world. You will have a curiosity for digging into who our consumer audience is and what makes them tick so we can effectively communicate with them and build their trust and confidence. You have experience leading marketing teams in the food and beverage CPG category and are familiar with consumer purchase journeys in grocery retail environments. You have experience directing brand, creative content, social influencers, and PR, optimally in the food and beverage space.
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to develop a brand strategy that will reflect the values and ethics of one of the best, most respected baseball players of all time. These responsibilities require direct interaction with members of the sales, operations, and finance teams to drive strategic growth of the organization for both short-term and long-term objectives.
- Collaborate with the operations and sales team to review strategies and brand insights to develop marketing and branding strategies for existing product lines and the creation of new product lines.
- Conduct, document, and share competitive and market research within internal teams.
- Work closely with senior leadership to establish and build best-in-class brand awareness and engagement.
- Lead and develop the marketing team, which consists of a Marketing Brand Manager and Community Manager.
- Oversee all brand campaigns, social, and other channels to ensure alignment and articulation of our positioning, perspective, look, feel, and goals.
- Build email campaigns using email software and deploy, record, and measure metrics to determine campaign success.
- Responsible for licensing, trademarks, and brand integrity.
- Make data-driven decisions and establish metrics for brand building strategies.
- Use your past experience in traditional and innovative marketing campaigns and initiatives to reach and expand our market footprint while increasing revenue.
- Use your social media prowess to educate, engage & inspire our community.
- Manage the marketing budget and track ROI on projects.
- Work activation events and represent the brand in different environments from retail establishments to foodservice venues.
- Work with your team to seek out new partnerships to further establish all Nolan Ryan brands.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, Marketing or Communications preferred. Master’s degree with a concentration in Marketing a plus.
- MUST have strong B2B and B2C marketing experience within a CPG brand.
- Experience managing multiple brands and their respective initiatives.
- Significant creative acumen and genuine curiosity for new opportunities to connect with our target segments.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and inspire talent.
- Experience growing brands through multiple channels and digital platforms.
- Experience working with digital teams to develop exceptional digital experience.
- Experience building eCommerce solutions a plus.
- A culinary explorer looking for new food and beverage experiences.
- An intrinsic desire to elevate everyday moments with friends and family.
- Competitive salary based on level of experience
- Annual bonus program based on company performance
- Full healthcare benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Plan and Company match
- Life insurance and short-term/long-term disability
- Paid Leave and Company Holidays
- Work computer
- Cell Phone Allowance
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Sr. VP of Sales and Marketing, Nolan Ryan Brands