For over 20 years, Nolan Ryan Brands has been a leading beef purveyor supplying the highest-quality Texas beef to food service establishments and grocery stores across the state. The company is in an exciting stage of growth, having recently launched a new brand, ‘Goodstock By Nolan Ryan’ and a boutique butcher shop. As the company expands its footprint across Texas, the need for an experienced leader in Foodservice Sales has opened-up. A successful candidate will be both knowledgeable about the beef industry and hold strong and positive relationships within the hospitality space.
The Director of Foodservice Sales is responsible for managing the foodservice sales team and the sales process for the company’s foodservice products and services. This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong customer relationships, increasing market share, and achieving sales goals. This also includes, hiring, supervising, training, and motivating team members in outside sales positions. As a sales leader, this individual will be responsible for revenue planning, sales process optimization, sales training, sales compensation design and administration, and the recruitment and selection of team members in outside sales. The Director of Sales is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales team. This position is also responsible for achieving the sales targets associated with assigned strategic accounts while leading solution development efforts that best address customer needs.
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong communication skills, proven leadership abilities, and have experience in a similar position with similar responsibilities. The Director of Sales will have multiple direct reports, comprised of area sales managers. This position reports to the Sr VP of Sales & Marketing. Candidates being considered for this role will need a firm understanding of center-of-the-plate sales. An understanding of the cattle industry is a plus. This role reports to the corporate office in Round Rock, TX.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and motivate the sales team to achieve sales goals and objectives
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and objectives
- Analyze and monitor sales performance and customer data to identify trends
- Develop and manage relationships with key customers and vendors
- Develop and maintain pricing and promotional strategies in conjunction with supply chain
- Analyze market trends and opportunities to enhance sales
- Develop and manage the sales budget
- Create and manage sales reports and presentations for internal and external audiences
- Develop and maintain sales materials, campaigns, and promotions
- Act as Liaison between field sales and Supply Chain
- Accountable for managing sample requests for field staff
- Participate in Sales Calls with key existing & prospective clients
- Work in conjunction with FSQR to address food safety & QC concerns
- Maintain current industry knowledge and stay up-to-date on new products and services
- Lead the company’s Industry engagement initiatives
- Develop and execute Industry initiatives to build positive relationships with stakeholders
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure alignment with company culture and values
- Manage budgets related to Industry engagement activities
- Develop and maintain marketing materials and campaigns related to Industry initiatives
- Develop and manage internal and external communications related to Industry initiatives
- Represent the company at public events, meetings, and conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Business, Marketing, or related field
- 10+ years of foodservice experience
- Proven track record of successful sales
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Position Reports To: Sr. Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Animal Science, food science or related degree preferred. Minimum BS college degree is required. Beef industry and food industry knowledge, beef industry job experience, beef production, meat and livestock evaluation/judging, interest in cooking, food preparation, minimum 10 years industry experience.
Salary and Benefits: Depends on Level of Experience and Expertise.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resumé to:
Sr. Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Nolan Ryan Brands