Area Sales Manager - Houston, TX
For over 20 years, Nolan Ryan Brands has been a leading beef purveyor supplying the highest-quality Texas beef to food service establishments and grocery stores across the state. The company is in an exciting stage of growth, having recently launched a new brand, ‘Goodstock By Nolan Ryan’ and a boutique butcher shop. As the company expands its footprint across Texas, the need for an experienced Houston Area Sales Manager has opened-up. A successful candidate will be both knowledgeable about the beef industry, and hold strong and positive relationships within the Hospitality space.
The primary responsibility of the position is to grow foodservice sales within the specific territory of Houston, Texas. This position will be responsible for sales to foodservice distributors and end user accounts. While working closely with Sales, Operations and Marketing leadership teams, the role exists to support the execution of our business plans. Candidates being considered for this role will need a firm understanding of center-of-the-plate sales and the cattle industry. This is a remote position and will report directly to the Director of Foodservice Sales and Industry Relations.
- Develop and grow profitable foodservice volume with distributors and end user accounts.
- Build relationships with personnel within foodservice distribution companies, and present the Nolan Ryan product lines and brand strategies with confidence and poise.
- Work with distributor management and sales force to gain acceptance and distribution of all Nolan Ryan branded items with individual restaurants and restaurant groups, with headquartered acceptance.
- Frequent travel will be required within the territory, defined by management, to educate distributor personnel and restaurants about the Nolan Ryan Brands product line and develop rapport with key decision makers.
Scope of Position:
Coordinate all selling and promotional activities for the sale of Nolan Ryan Brands’ products with both foodservice and restaurant accounts. These activities will include:
- Make presentations regarding Nolan Ryan Brands’ products and brand strategies
- Convey the pricing and promotion of all products
- Obtain and process customer orders
- Track customer orders
- Collection of outstanding customer funds
- Provide education and training for distributor and restaurant personnel
- Participate in approved customer events
- Participate in approved local, regional, or national trade shows
- Participate in seminars or programs deemed pertinent by management
- Entertain customers
- Provide weekly feedback to management regarding assigned territory responsibilities
- Provide punctual office reports needed by management
- Recommend any ideas that might aid in business development and growth
Position Reports To: Director of Foodservice Sales and Industry Relations
Animal Science, food science or related degree preferred. Minimum BS college degree is required. Beef industry and food industry knowledge, beef industry job experience, beef production, meat and livestock evaluation/judging, interest in cooking, food preparation, minimum 5 years industry experience, knowledge of Houston territory preferred.
Salary and Benefits: Depends on Level of Experience and Expertise.
To Apply For Position
If interested, please send a cover letter and resumé to:
Director of Foodservice Sales and Industry Relations, Nolan Ryan Brands
3500 East Palm Valley Blvd, Suite 1
Round Rock, TX 78665